Berlin has reportedly told officials to expel Russian and Belarusian delegates from Victory Day celebrations
Germany is following in the footsteps of its Nazi predecessors by allegedly banning Russian and Belarusian delegates from the 80th World War II Victory anniversary celebrations, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova has said.
On Friday, Berliner Zeitung reported that the German Foreign Ministry has spread classified memos stating that Moscow and Minsk’s delegates will not be invited to this year’s commemorations. The confidential document recommended local institutions expel any Russian or Belarusian representatives from the events, according to the East German newspaper.
“The very fact that the ideological heirs and direct descendants of Hitler's executioners will ‘expel’ Russians from the Victory Day celebrations already looks like a blatant insult,” Zakharova commented on the article in a statement on Saturday.
“However, even here, [German Foreign Minister Annalena] Baerbock and her Einsatz team are not original, but almost verbatim borrow the experience of their predecessors,” she said.
Read more German foreign minister’s grandfather was ‘ardent Nazi’ – BildNazi Germany’s Einsatzgruppen – its paramilitary death squads, responsible for mass murder during World War II – first expelled civilians to ghettos on an ethnic-national basis, later to be doomed to be moved to death camps, she noted.
Expelling people from events commemorating this year’s Victory Day anniversary based on their nationality “recreates” these “inhumane practices,” the spokeswoman said.
Last year, Bild reported that the German foreign minister’s late grandfather Waldemar Baerbock was an ardent Nazi and decorated officer of the Wehrmacht during the conflict.
Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Russia responds to Germany’s WW2 anniversary snub )
Also on site :
- Watch- Navjot Singh Sidhu burns and cooks MS Dhoni on LIVE TV after a Dot Ball on Free Hit
- ‘SNL’s Ego Nwodim Accidentally Makes Audience Cuss During Weekend Update
- EE.UU. suspende visados a todos los titulares de pasaportes de Sudán del Sur