Alabama’s QB competition is continuing to progress, but one player appears have a solid lead as the Crimson Tide go through spring practices.
According to Greg McElroy, a former Crimson Tide signal-caller himself, Ty Simpson has separated from the pack in the race to lead Alabama this fall. McElroy discussed the ongoing competition on the latest episode of the Always College Football podcast.
“Based on my understanding of what’s going on in Tuscaloosa, Ty has had a solid camp,” McElroy said. “He is in firm control of the No. 1 job so far. The other 2, between Austin Mack and Keelon Russell, those are the ones that are competing for that No. 2 spot right now.”
Despite Simpson having ‘firm control’ of the job, McElroy said he doesn’t expect a final decision to be made ‘anytime soon.”
“As we get into the summer, maybe the competition is extended,” McElroy said. “Maybe one of those guys makes a leap. I don’t think we’re going to have an answer anytime soon. I don’t think it’s going to make sense publicly for them to come out and to endorse one guy as the starter.”
McElroy also noted that Alabama’s wide receiver room is having a great spring, led by Miami transfer Isaiah Horton. Here’s a clip from his analysis:
"He is in firm control of the number one job so far."@GregMcElroy on Ty Simpson and the @AlabamaFTBL QB competition ?#RollTide pic.twitter.com/T5cBgsvyBp
— Always College Football (@AlwaysCFB) April 2, 2025Simpson has been at Alabama for several years and pre-dates the Kalen DeBoer era in Tuscaloosa. The other 2 candidates for the job, Mack and Russell, were both brought to Alabama by DeBoer and his staff. Mack is a Washington transfer and Russell is a true freshman.
A-Day is set for April 12.
Greg McElroy names current leader in Alabama QB competition Saturday Down South.
Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Greg McElroy names current leader in Alabama QB competition )
Also on site :
- Pat McAfee’s Drama With Ole Miss College Student: What to Know
- Taiwan says US tariffs 'highly unreasonable'
- New Zealand banned phones in schools 12 months ago. Here’s what happened