Our much-loved beauty spot is RUINED by fleet of Travellers’ caravans – they’ve been ordered to leave but refuse to go ...0

Sport by : (The Sun) -

RESIDENTS have been left fuming after claiming their much-loved beauty spot has been left ruined by a fleet of Travellers’ caravans.

The Travelling community have set up a large camp on playing fields at Swanhurst Park in Birmingham.

BPMLocals have been left disgruntled[/caption] BPMTravellers moved onto Swanshurst Park[/caption]

Dozens of caravans and other vehicles were seen stationary on at the popular park which is on the borders of Moseley and Billesley.

It was said the group drove onto beauty spot on Sunday, March 30, just weeks after their last visit.

Disgruntled locals have now warned people to stay away from the grounds if they feel “uncomfortable”.

The Friends of Swanshurst Park group advised residents to avoid a section of the green space if they felt this way.

It said an eviction notice would be served on the community and posted on Facebook: “It has been reported to me that travellers are back on Swanshurst Park.

“We think it best if members of the public do not put themselves in a position in which they feel uncomfortable by working on the wildflower patch while the travellers are in close proximity.

“The notice will be served as soon as possible for them to leave but realistically, they will not be gone before the end of the week.”

A council spokesperson said they would “recover the land” and offered solutions.

A spokesperson said: “Birmingham City Council is committed to actively protecting its land and will take steps to recover this land where unauthorised encampments encroach upon it.

“The council has useable transit sites and plots for use by the gypsy, Roma and traveller community – which is in line with Government policy – and details of the gypsy and traveller accommodation assessment carried out and updated in 2019 can be found on our website.”

The travellers also occupied the park in May and October last year forcing the council to step in again to remove them. 

The council said it would liaise with communities and businesses who may be impacted by plans to introduce up to 15 temporary sites for travellers.

A pilot programme, set to begin in the summer, could see “negotiated stopping” sites made available and would involve unused pieces of land.

They typically provide hard standing for holding caravans, a secure boundary and basic sanitary provision.

Meanwhile, some also provide electricity for the residents.

But due to factors such as repeated vandalism and unauthorised encampments, the council’s two operational transit sites have often been closed.

It comes after angry residents were left out of pocket after travellers took over their coffee shop car park.

The illegal encampment left Wilson + Bay Coffee Club earning “£0 per day” when their nearby car park became inaccessible.

Jonathon Hill who runs the shop at the Christchurch Viewpoint in Newport, Gwent, was fuming when he realised the new state of the neighbouring plot.

However, he has not let that affect his attitude to work, calling for people to not be afraid and continue using his business as normal.

Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Our much-loved beauty spot is RUINED by fleet of Travellers’ caravans – they’ve been ordered to leave but refuse to go )

Also on site :

Most Viewed Sport
جديد الاخبار